Maestro Myron Yusypovych comes from Ukraine, where he is engaged as Conductor with the Solomiya Krushelnytska National Opera and Ballet, in Lviv, Ukraine:
- 98 orchestra members
- 66 choir members
- 68 ballet dancers
- 46 soloists
- 29 artistic support staff
- 8 supernumeraries
During the 1994 – 1996 and 1998 – 2002 seasons, when the Lviv National Opera and Ballet Theatre celebrated its 100th Anniversary, Maestro Yusypovych served as its Principal Conductor and Artistic Director.
From 2002 to 2007, Maestro Yusypovych was Principal Conductor of the K&K Philharmoniker (DaCapo Musikmarketing GmbH, Austria). From 2004 to 2007, he auditioned, rehearsed and conducted the K&K Opernchor.
In 2009, Maestro Yusypovych began a project “Remembering Our Musical Heritage” in cooperation with the S. Krushelnytska Memorial Museum in Lviv, Ukraine. In 2009, he published his anthology of poems Why Bother Picking up a Violin?.
What Repertoire Has Maestro Yusypovych Conducted?
Opera Nabucco by G. Verdi
Maestro Yusypovych began his conducting career in 1982. Since that time, as a ballet and opera conductor, he has prepared, rehearsed and performed over 50 different operas and ballets.
Maestro Yusypovych has been musical and artistic director of many opera productions, including:
- Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida, Nabucco and La Traviata
- Piotr Tchaikovsky’s Iolanta and Eugene Onegin
- Pietro Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana
- Ruggero Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov’s The Tsar’s Bride
As of April 2010, Maestro Yusypovych has conducted:
- 113 performances of Aida by G. Verdi
- 92 performances of Iolanta by P. Tchaikovsky
- 81 performances of Nabucco by G. Verdi
- 55 performances of Eugene Onegin by P. Tchaikovsky
In 2005 – 2007, as permanent guest conductor with the Lviv State Philharmonic Orchestra (Ukraine), Maestro Yusypovych conducted:
- L. Beethoven, Symphony №3
- P.I. Tchaikovsky, Symphony №4
- G. Mahler, Symphony №5
- D. Shostakovitch, Symphony № 8 and Symphony №15
- L.Janacek, Rhapsody for Orchestra «Taras Bulba»
Where in the World Has Maestro Myron Yusypovych Performed?
Maestro Yusypovych in Philharmonie Berlin, Germany
As conductor, Myron Yusypovych has led the Lviv National Opera and Ballet on several successful and highly acclaimed tours of:
- Italy with G. Verdi’s Aida in 1996
- Germany and Austria with G.Verdi's Nabucco in 2000-2001
- Germany and Austria with G.Verdi's Aida in 1999, 2001, 2002
- Austria with G. Verdi's La Traviata in 2001
- the Netherlands with S.Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet in 2001
- Poland with G.Verdi's Nabucco in 2004,
- Poland with P.Tchaikovsky's Hamlet in 1994
- Poland with P.Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake in 1992
Maestro Yusypovych has held term appointments at the
- Kirov (Mariinsky) State Opera and Ballet in St.Petersburg, Russia
- Perm State Opera and Ballet House, Russia
- Dnipropetrovsk Philharmonic Orchestra, Ukraine
- Lviv State Philharmonic Orchestra, Ukraine
- Uzhorod Chamber Orchestra, Ukraine
Under the musical guidance of Myron Jussipowitsch, the K&K Philharmoniker and K&K Opernchor successfully toured the major concert houses of Europe (2002 – 2007):
- Gewandhaus in Leipzig, Germany
- Konzerthaus and Philharmonie in Berlin, Germany
- Die Glocke in Bremen, Germany
- Alte Oper and Jahrhunderthalle in Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany
- Residenz in Munich, Germany
- Beethovenhalle in Bonn, Germany
- Palaos in Strassburg, France
- Palazzo dei Congressi in Lugano, Switzerland
- Tivolis in Copenhagen, Denmark
Myron Yusypovych has guest conducted at:
- Opera Theatres in Ukraine – Kyiv, Odessa
- Opera Theatres in Russia – St.Petersburg (Mariinsky / Kirov), Vlkadykavkaz
- Opera Theatre in Moldova – Kishinev
- Philharmonic Orchestras in Poland – Gdansk, Opole, Walbrzich, Katowice, Rzeszow, Olsztyn
- Symphony Orchestras in Canada – Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga
What Musical Education Does Myron Yusypovych Have?
Young Myron in Violin Performance
Myron Yusypovych began his musical studies in voice, on the violin and piano as a child.
He graduated from the Drohobych Colege of Music with a Diploma in Violin Performance and Choral Conducting and from the Lviv Academy of Music, where he specialized in operatic and symphonic conducting. For two years, he worked under the guiding hand of Yuri Temirkanov, Music Director at the Kirov (Mariinsky) Opera and Ballet in Leningrad (St. Petersburg), Russia.
What Recordings Conducted by Maestro Yusypovych Are Available?
Die Schönsten Opernchöre – A Classical CD Collection
Maestro Yusypovych's recordings include:
P.Tchaikovsky's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D Major, op.35 with Stephen Sitarski and the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony (Canada)
Opernchöre I, Opernchöre II and Opernchöre III recorded with the K&K Philharmoniker and K&K Opernchor (Germany)
Giuseppe Verdi Gala recorded with the K&K Philharmoniker, K&K Opernchor, Katja Beer (soprano), Monica Minarelli (mezzo soprano), Luigi Frattola (tenor), Michael Junge (baritone), Olexandr Hromysch (bass) at the Konzerthaus in Dortmund, Germany
Overtures, Introductions, Intermezzo recorded with the K&K Philharmoniker (Germany)
Are There Any Awards and Honors That Maestro Yusypovych Has Received?
Artistic Merit Award
The President of Ukraine bestowed Ukraine’s state award for “Artistic Merit” on Myron Yusypovych in 2000.
Click below to continue reading: